When To See An Orthodontist
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that kids receive their first orthodontic screening at the age of 7. Such an early screening is intended to catch early issues such as crossbites, finger habits, or developmental disturbances.
Some other reasons to visit the orthodontist include:
• Early or late loss of baby teeth
• Difficulty chewing or biting
• Mouth breathing
• Finger sucking or other oral habits
• Crowding, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
• Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or are recessed
• Speech difficulty
• Biting the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth
• Protruding teeth
• Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don’t meet at all
• Facial imbalance or asymmetry
• Grinding or clinching of teeth
Even if you would simply like to learn how to improve the appearance of your smile, why not schedule a free consultation?
We are happy to see kids of any age!